Some of our Projects
JJ Strategic Consulting
Recent projects range from national guides and toolkits through to destination management plans. JJ Strategic Consulting has a national client base that values the responsive and professional service provided.
Transformational Experience Guide and Mentoring
Tourism and Events Queensland and Destination Gold Coast
Jayne worked with Tourism and Events Queensland in developing the Guide contents to provide an operator resource on how to design and deliver transformational experiences. In a new era of travel, people are actively seeking experiences that enrich, awaken and transform them, and, eventually, the world. They want to ignite something new within themselves by consciously connecting with and appreciating our extraordinary planet, its people and cultures.
Under the guidance of Tourism & Events Queensland and their new Travel For Good brand, Queensland’s tourism and event operators are learning how they can take steps to transform their experience offering to meet (and exceed) the needs of guests now and into the future.
When TEQ chose to create a mentoring program to assist operators in the application of the Guide, Jayne piloted the program on the Gold Coast. Learnings from this pilot informed the roll out of the program across the state.
Study Tours and Edutourism Opportunities Guide and Toolkit
Study Queensland & Tourism and Events Queensland
Undertook extensive consultation with best practice study tour operators and edutourism providers to identify the main issues and opportunities for further development of the sector.
This informed the development of an opportunities guide, with extensive case studies, and a practical toolkit for developing study tours and edutourism experiences.
Central Highlands Visitor Economy Strategy 2020-2022
Central Highlands Development Corporation
Central Highlands in central eastern QLD is a regional destination with iconic experiences but struggling to attract visitors to stay and spend locally.
The Visitor Economy Strategy provides a roadmap to activate Central Highlands’ tourism assets and industry to ensure the region provides new reasons to visit and stay longer. It details a path to strengthening the region’s stories and developing the industry to exceed visitor expectations. A cornerstone of the Strategy is a focus on sustainability through encouraging dispersal, reducing seasonality, and growing yield. It sets the intention for attracting higher yield per visitor rather than increased visitor numbers. (This was a joint-project between Tilma Group and JJ Strategic Consulting.)
Visitor Servicing Recommendations Report
Tourism Central Australia
In the context of increasing use of digital technology for travel planning and bookings and declining funding for VICs, JJ Strategic Consulting and Tilma Group were tasked with identifying the actions needed to ensure the visitor servicing model remains valued by visitors and industry stakeholders.
These actions were prioritised and recommendations made for the delivery of best practice visitor servicing in Central Australia.
Queensland Grants Guide
Tourism and Events Queensland
The Grants Guide was developed for Tourism and Events Queensland to provide businesses with information on how to become ‘grant ready’.
The Grants Guide provides useful information on grants and how they can help your business, then steps you through searching for the right grant, and how to write a winning grant application.
- Longreach and Winton Tourism Infrastructure Audit and Strategy for Longreach and Winton councils (with Tilma Group)
- Murihiku Southland Destination Management Plan for Great South, New Zealand (with Stafford Strategy)
- Ballarat Events Strategy 2018-2028 for City of Ballarat / Visit Ballarat (with Tilma Group)
- Eurobodalla Regional Events Strategy 2019 for Eurobodalla Shire Council (with Tilma Group)
- Queensland Tourism Workforce Plan 2017-20 for Jobs Queensland
- Customer Service discussion paper and pilot programs for the Gold Coast, an Embracing 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games legacy project
- Strategic review of WiFi access for visitors for the Queensland Government
- Queensland Asia Tourism Strategy 2016-2025 for Tourism and Events Queensland
- Outback Tourism Investment Prospectus for Queensland Department of Environment and Science
- Queensland Ecotourism Plan 2016-20 for Queensland Department of Environment and Science
- Directions Papers for Mon Repos, David Fleay Wildlife Park and Walkabout Creek for Queensland Parks & Wildlife Service
- Discussion Paper for Walkabout Creek Masterplan for Queensland Parks & Wildlife Service
- Sustainable Tourism Directions Paper (with action plan) for Geelong, Bellarine and Otways
Why work with Jayne?
Jayne looks, digs deep and listens to what is being said and not being said. This allows her to identify the critical issues and opportunities to achieve the desired outcome for stakeholders.
Jayne writes targeted communications that engage the audience, are written in simple English, and deliver the required outcomes. Great ideas are all very well – communicating them in the most relevant way for the audience is critical to success.
JJ Strategic Consulting has an excellent track record of working with local and regional tourism organisations, local, regional and state government and business clients to deliver on project needs. Clients value Jayne's can-do attitude, commitment to high quality service and smart outcomes and going above and beyond each and every time.